عنوان مقاله [English]
Although population growth is the primary reason for the rapid expansion of cities, the irrational dispersion has undesirable effects on the natural and cultural environment of societies. Efforts have been made to address the negative impacts of urban dispersal, most notably the smart growth strategy as one of the solutions to the dispersion of urban development, which is, in fact, the development of intelligent alternatives to dispersion. The main objective of this research is to investigate and analyze urban intelligent growth on urban development dispersion in Behshahr city. To achieve this, five indicators (educational, physical, service, environmental and transportation) have been used. The research method is descriptive-analytic. Primary information was collected through the documentary method (library search) and statistical data through the municipality of Behshahr. For data analysis, quantitative programming models, such as Topsis multi-criteria decision, Shannon entropy and Hellendian have been used. Based on the Entropy model and Shannon, in the decades of 1355-1385, about 60 percent of the city's growth was consistent with population growth, and the remaining 40 percent had a sporadic, horizontal, and sparse urban growth. But based on the calculations done in the multi-criteria decision making model, the topisiation suggests that in the educational index, neighborhood 2, in the physical index, neighborhoods 1, 4, and 5, in terms of environmental index, 1, 3, 4, and 5, in the transport index, neighborhood The first one has the highest rank, but in terms of service index, all neighborhoods in Behshahr are deprived of services and amenities.